Better in The Daylight
Goddamn there's a lot of weird shit on late night TV.
Overall, I feel like I'm leaving the impression that I'm one of those depressive individuals who can never see the good in anything. It's really just that I've had a rough week. Nothing major, just everything at once, you know? The freak-out thing, followed by Mimi stopping by to remind me that she could still pull the heartstrings whenever she wants, then trying to figure out the crutches, catching a cold, having an unmitigated shitstorm at work. Things like that. Like I said, nothing major, but not a whole lot of chucks all the same.
Through all this (with the exception of Saturday's experience) there's still that little voice in the back of my head making fun of me. Sometimes I take myself a little too seriously, I know, and that's the voice that draws me back. After all, it's hard to be depressive with all this low budget production action happening on the USA network (the only channel I get).
Point is, I may not be doing all that hot either, but I'm largely OK. The legs'll get better. Work is work. There's good music on the radio. Time will heal the heartache stuff and every day I wake up with a little bit of excitement to be alive, and a little bit of hope. Who knows what cool shit might happen to me today, you know?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home