Strange Thing
I went to the new google finance website yesterday to check out the ol' company. Their stock (some of which, I believe I own) is in the tank... seriously in the tank... and while I feel bad for my friends who still work there, and for the noble idea of online giving in general, I can't help but feel a certain vindictive thrill at the death throes of a workplace that treated me so badly.
While I was on the site, I noticed that google had a feature that searched blog posts mentioning the company name. Hoping to find some more dishy, inside news about the company's undoing, I clicked on the first link and found myself, instead, here: a post to an online AIDS walk donation form, created and hosted by the aforementioned company's software. I donated. What the heck, you know?
Random acts of charity... maybe you should too.
1 Comments:
As the "star" of said donation site, I would like to thank you for your random act of kindness.
I'm sorry that it's affiliated with a company that treated you evilly... I have also been in that situation, and man, can I hold a grudge.
6:07 PM, March 28, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home