Jesus, like I'm supposed to know?

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Brrrrrr,,,,

I was a little our of sorts today.

It was a weekend of dislocation, of waking on couches (mine included and not until noon today, no less), driving, run-ins, phone calls, bars and whiskeypants. It's also true that I'm a little sad right now having just ended a pretty long relationship, waking up alone each morning. Even though I know it's what I need, it's not exactly what I want, and sometimes it's difficult to reconcile the differences.

I decided that what I needed, after cleaning and shopping and laundry, was to go for a swim in the cove. So I put on my trunks and grabbed my goggles, and ear-plugs and towel, packed a bag with some clothes and headed out. I did the whole mile, despite being out of shape, and despite the water really being too cold to be out there that long without a wet suit. While I made it, I noticed in the last few minutes that I couldn't feel my lips anymore, and I later noted a big scrape on my ankle, still bleeding, that I hadn't noticed getting at all. I had to run back to my car (or walk briskly, since running is currently out), and crank up the heat though it was already hot inside from sitting in the sun with the windows up. It felt a little silly, and I was still shaking and dizzy when I drove off to try and make yoga by 5.

Balancing on one leg while cold and trembling, with water leaking out my nose: now that's silly, not to mention out of sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home