Jesus, like I'm supposed to know?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Candy Says She Wants Me With Her

Down in Candy Land.

OK, so what am I doing? I get into this mode, typically 3 to 6 months after I get out of a relationship, and after I have the typical transitional relationship, and it lasts a few months. During this period, I tend to date a lot, which I really don't like. Dating, usually leads to one person liking the other person more, or some other such nonsense, and then there is "the talk" and "the sort-of-break-up" thing, even though you never really started a real relationship. I hate that. I hate hurting people's feelings. It sucks. On the other hand, if I don't give it a try, I'll never know, right?

Bullshit! You pretty much know when you meet someone whether or not it's there for you. The problem is, it's been so long since I've felt that, and I'm overly hopeful for it every step of the way. Should I be more patient?

This reminds me of a collection of short stories I read called BRIEF INTERVIEWS WITH HIDEOUS MEN. It makes me feel like a hideous man to be so careless with other people's emotions, but being optimistic against the face of reason isn't really a crime, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home