Preparations Have Been Made
I'm in the living room of my friend's apartment in Brooklyn. I've got my rout roughly mapped out, and (most) of my last minute provisions have been purchased. Having slept only a few hours in the past day, I've decided to load up on vitamin C, sleep in, take care of a few last things, then head out later in the morning, cutting a few miles off the beginning of the hike.
I'm nervous. I want to do this, I'm looking forward to the views, the solitude, the time for reflection, but I know that at some point out there, I will feel lonely and cold in the night. That will pass. This trip will be mine.
Talk to you in 6 days.

2 Comments:
Good luck on your trip!
9:29 AM, November 07, 2005
one foot in front of the other that's the we roll. bring them feets back to san diego, in tact and well traveled.
10:55 PM, November 08, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home