Will you say to me
"Little rain's gonna come,"
when the sky can't offer none to me?
Fell asleep, after 3 drinks and little dinner, on my friend's couch. This whole getting back into shape thing has me pretty exhausted. I feel good though. In the past week, in addition to swimming and lifting, I've ridden the machine that doesn't go up, as well as machines that don't go forward (neither on land, nor water). Ah, the nowhere machines... Can't wait to get my bike fixed.
So anyway, the couch. Yeah, I woke up in my friend's living room at 1:45AM, to a silent house. I finished the glass of water she had kindly laid out for me, and put it in the sink. I folded the blanket that I found on me, and threw it over the back of the couch. I walked downstairs to the door in the pitch black and felt for the handle to let myself out into the full moon light. My car, a three block walk in a chilly southern California night, was covered in condensation which made the first minute of driving interesting.
Even more interesting is that I drove home to the old apartment again. I'm really not as dumb as I seem. It's the same exit off the highway and all...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home