Stories to Tell
You know all those thoughts that run through your head as you are getting ready to sleep? I think they make great stories. Problem is, I can rarely be bothered to get my ass out of bed and write them down, and when I do, there it's ineffective (must be the change of state from settling down to sleep to ready to write). I need a better way to capture these. Any thoughts?
A few things have occurred to me this week during the fully waking hours. First is that I need someone to be quiet with. I may have mentioned this before, so please stop me if you've heard this one, but I'm talking about someone whose presence is comforting and loving, but whose relationship doesn't require constant attention. I know, from my office worker mind (and I am in the office as I write this, mind you), this comes off as sounding cold, but what I mean, really, is something quite sweet. I want someone with whom I can simply be. The noise of good company is fun, and I couldn't do without. Time with the silence of being alone is needed too. Lately though, there's either too much noise, or too much alone in my head. It's time for balance.
3 Comments:
What am I? Chopped mung beans?
I am a libra for chrissake!.
Pfft.
10:15 AM, February 02, 2006
This is by far, the most incisive blog you have written. There is closeness in the comfort of silence and seclusion in the awkwardness of it.
11:34 AM, February 02, 2006
i'm just gonna go out on a limb here and suggest you keep a notepad next to your bed. crazy, i know, but it just might work.
3:10 PM, February 05, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home